With summer around the corner its time to start preparing for healthy drinking alternatives to refresh ourselves during the sunny days. Mind for life brings you a list of healthy and yummylicious drinks that you and your family can enjoy.
Peach-Thyme Iced Tea
So sweet! You’ll need about 8 medium fresh peaches to get the 6 cups of slices in this recipe.
- fresh thyme
- fresh or frozen peach slices
- black tea bags
- lemon juice, bourbon (optional)
- thyme sprigs
- lemon slices for garnish
Watermelon is high in water content, so it’s super hydrating and refreshing
- Seedless watermelon cubes,
- fresh lime juice,
- mint sprigs
- watermelon wedge for garnish
Pomegranate juice contains higher levels of antioxidants than most other fruit juices. It also has three times more antioxidants than red wine and green tea. The antioxidants in pomegranate juice can help remove free radicals, protect cells from damage, and reduce inflammation.
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice, no sugar added (or any unsweetened juice of choice)
- 1/2 cup sparkling seltzer water
- squeeze of one lemon wedge
HOT PINK COOLER
Beet juice may boost stamina to help you exercise longer, improve blood flow, and help lower blood pressure
- 1 medium beet, roasted, chilled and peeled (you can always buy whole beets already cooked in a can)
- 1 cup 100% orange juice (freshly squeezed was used in the photo)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 thumb-size knob fresh ginger